Going Beyond Grants
Raising Money from Major Donors, Legacies, Corporate Support & Sponsorship, Trading & Events
This 4 week e-learning course will help organisations whose funding is mainly grant-based to widen their income streams. Successful case studies show you how to approach major donors, introduce merchandising and trading, legacies, events, corporate support and sponsorship. The course invites you to work on your own projects, plans and literature.
Delivered in an online classroom led by a fundraising expert, you will learn:
- How to run a Major Donor campaign
- How to approach companies and produce a sponsorship appeal
- How to plan profitable events
- How to select successful merchandise and trading options
- How to prepare legacy fundraising literature
Who is it for:
Charity fundraisers, project staff, committee members and volunteers who wish to diversify their fundraising efforts. Suitable for those with no or limited experience.
Course Programme and Outcomes
- Week 1 Diversifying Your Funding Base
- Week 2 Fundraising from Individuals: Major Donors & Legacies
- Week 3 How to Attract Corporate Support & Sponsorship
- Week 4 Raising Income from Merchandise, Trading & Events
- Assignment Options A choice of assignments, each focusing on one aspect of the course
What you will gain:
- Certificate from NCFE
- • How to run a Major Donor campaign, including prospect identification, engagement, and “the ask”
- Identify the characteristics of corporate fundraising
- Identify your key selling points and package your group’s work
- Make an approach for corporate support
- Maximise the role of celebrities, marketing and promotion
- Assess the community fundraising potential of your organisation
- How to plan a profitable event
- The legal issues surrounding charity trading
- Critique examples of successful merchandising
- Examples of ‘Will to Give’ Literature
- How to introduce positive legacy promotion
What you'll need to participate:
- 3-4 hours of free time for each week of the course
- Access to a PC and internet connection
- You can study from home, work or your local library
- You choose when to logon to the course website and are not restricted to days or time slots
- Suitable for anyone who can use email and surf the Internet
You can read more about studying online.
Assessment and Accreditation
Certification from the NCFE requires completion of online assignments and a learner diary. All assignments are submitted via the internet. Feedback is given to you in the same way, so you receive speedy and secure feedback on your learning. All assignments are designed to help you learn and apply concepts from the course to your own practice. The learner diary gives you the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills you have developed during the course.
Courses run throughout the year. Click here to see a list of course dates and fees. You can register online now for any of our courses. We will then send you an invoice, and when payment is received you will be enrolled on your chosen course.