The Certificate in Fundraising Skills
Accredited Charity Funding Training for Volunteers and Charity Fundraisers
This popular e-learning course is for people who are new to fundraising, taking you from novice to successful fundraiser in just six weeks! The Certificate provides a structured introduction to fundraising practice, enabling you to develop your own fundraising literature as part of the course. Based on the three pillars of fundraising practice; creative bid writing, grants research, strategy and planning, you will learn from case studies and real grant applications. Delivered in an online classroom and taught by a fundraising expert, the course leads to:
- A polished 2 page ‘case for support’ for a project of your choice
- A step by step guide on how to plan your fundraising
- A 12 month funding strategy for a current or future project
The Certificate has helped over 1000 individuals and organisations get their fair share of grants and funding. Do you want to be a more successful and creative fundraiser? Enrol online today and start increasing your success. A full course programme and sample resource are available, and we've also collected some testimonials from some of the previous participants on the course.
"We've been granted £15,000 towards our new building and couldn't have done it without the knowledge from this course"
Fundraising Officer, The Cat & Rabbit Rescue Centre
What you will gain:
- Certificate from NCFE
- Techniques for researching future grants
- A review of your group’s fundraising model
- A 12 month funding strategy for your organisation
- A polished Trust appeal for a project of your choice
- Access to over 60 funding websites
- Guide to monitoring and evaluating grant funded projects
- Samples of successful applications for Trust & Lottery funding
Who is it for:
- Staff and volunteers from voluntary and community groups; charity workers and project managers involved in fundraising planning and grant preparation
- Individuals looking to enter the charity sector and apply their transferable skills to a fundraising role
- Suitable for those with less than 2 years experience or novices without previous experience
Accredited by NCFE and taught and assessed by a team of fundraising experts. The Certificate is a six-week online course, with 24 hours of guided learning and a high level of tutor support. There are six modules to complete with most people studying at a rate of one module per week. Click here to see the course programme and a sample resource.
The Certificate in Fundraising Skills
Week 1: Key Fundraising Principles
Week 2: Lottery Funding Techniques
Week 3: Writing Creative Applications
Week 4: Trust Funding Techniques
Week 5: Funding Strategy
Week 6: Grant Management & Evaluation
"Since completing the course we have received one grant of £9,895 and another of £10,800 with other applications being considered. It really works!!"
David Peake, Senior Project Supervisor, Leicestershire Centre for Integrated Living
What you'll receive:
- Certificate from the NCFE
- Support from a personal e-tutor
- A CD-ROM of course materials
- Membership of an online classroom with other volunteers
What you'll need to participate:
- 3-4 hours of free time for each week of the course
- Access to a PC and internet connection
- You can study from home, work or your local library
- You choose when to logon to the course website and are not restricted to days or time slots
- Suitable for anyone who can use email and surf the web
Assessment and Accreditation
Certification from the NCFE requires completion of three online worksheets and a learner diary. All assignments are submitted via the internet. Feedback is given to you in the same way, so you receive speedy and secure feedback on your learning. All assignments are designed to help you learn and apply concepts from the course to your own practice. The learner diary gives you the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills you have developed during the course.
Courses run throughout the year. Click here to see a list of course dates and fees. You can register now online for any of our courses. We will then send you an invoice, and when payment is received you will be enrolled on your chosen course.
Read our Charity Fundraising news.