The Certificate in School Fundraising and Income Generation
Accredited Schools Fundraising Training for School Bursars, Business Managers and Office Staff
If you need to take control of your school's fundraising approach, and master practical Lottery and Trust funding techniques, this is the course for you! The only accredited school fundraising course in the UK, this popular six week course can be completed in just four hours a week. You'll be part of an online classroom led by a school fundraising expert, learning:
- How and where to apply for funds for your school
- How to extend and enhance your school fundraising model
By the end of the Certificate you will have developed your fundraising skills, produced a draft fundraising application and fundraising strategy for your school. The course leads to a Certificate from NCFE.
The course has helped over 1000 schools get their fair share of grants and funding. Enrol online now and start increasing your success. Courses run every half term.
" I have since raised over £100,000 towards a dining hall extension and sports project and would recommend the course to anyone in my position "
Business Manager, Portswood Primary
About the Course
What you will gain:
- A 12 month funding strategy
- A polished Trust appeal for a project of your choice
- Step by step review of your school's existing model
- Techniques for researching future grants
- A business sponsorship plan
- Critique of extended school lottery applications
- Access to over 60 funding websites
- Guide to education & charitable status
- 10 samples of successful applications for Trust, Lottery & Corporate funding
Who is it for:
School Business Managers, Administrators, and Bursars with responsibility for funding and income generation. Suitable for anyone involved with raising funds in primary and secondary schools; Heads, Bursars, Governors and PTA members. Extended Services Officers, Cluster Managers and Sure Start/Children Centre Managers. No experience of school fundraising is necessary as this course gives you an introduction to all the fundraising topics effecting schools.
Week 1: School Fundraising Trends
Week 2: Trust Funding for Schools
Week 3: Sources of School Funding
Week 4: Lottery Funding Techniques
Week 5: Maximising Income Generation
Week 6: School Funding Strategy & Management
" The best course I've done in 9 years as a Business Manager. I cannot praise it highly enough "
Business Manager, King Ethelbert Secondary School, Kent
What you'll receive:
- Certificate from NCFE
- Support from a personal e-tutor
- A CD-ROM of course materials
- Membership of a virtual classroom with other school fundraisers
What you'll need to participate:
- 3-4 hours of free time for each week of the course
- Access to a PC and internet connection
- You can study from home, work or your local library
- You choose when to logon to the course website and are not restricted to days or time slots
- Suitable for anyone who can use email and surf the Internet
" The course was extremely relevant to my position of School Business Manager. I have since secured funding to redevelop our playground "
Faye Papini, Business Manager, Kenmont Primary, Middlesex
Assessment and Accreditation
Certification from the NCFE requires completion of three online worksheets and a learner diary. All assignments are submitted via the internet. Feedback is given to you in the same way, so you receive speedy and secure feedback on your learning. All assignments are designed to help you learn and apply concepts from the course to your own practice. The learner diary gives you the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills you have developed during the course.
Courses run throughout the year. Click here to see a list of course dates and fees. You can register now online for any of our courses. We will then send you an invoice, and when payment is received you will be enrolled on your chosen course.
Read our School Fundraising news.